Privacy and Cookie Statement
Welcome to our Privacy and Cookie Statement. Here, we describe the manner in which Bakker International B.V. processes the data of all its customers and visitors of the online shop.
On the one hand to be able to process your orders, and on the other to continue to inform you about its products and services. This is based on your purchases from the catalogue and/or through the website as well as via cookies in the online shop. Below we also explain how you can exercise your legal rights.
Bakker.com is the Controller
The Controller is Bakker International B.V., further to be referred to as “Bakker.com”. Address: Meer en Duin 1, 2163 HA Lisse, the Netherlands. Registered in the trade register of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 70978913. We have a separate e-mail address for questions or complaints about privacy issues, namely email@example.com. You can also contact us by telephone at 0113 2375580. Bakker.com aims at assisting you as soon as possible regarding your question or complaint. In exceptional cases, this may take two or three weeks at most.
When and for what purpose does Bakker.com process personal data?
Bakker.com processes personal data on three grounds of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Performance of the contract;
- Legitimate (company) interest;
- Or with your consent.
This may include your name, address, postcode, place of residence and similar information required for communication. But also information about purchases, returns, payments and personal interests.
1) Based on the performance of a contract:
- For the execution of our services and the financial settlement of the same, for example when purchasing our products and/or services;
- For the fulfilment of our warranty obligations;
- For responding to questions and/or complaints relating to products or services of Bakker.com and for handling and settling any disputes that may arise. Correspondence could also be used to evaluate and improve the quality of our services, and for training, coaching and assessment purposes.
- For contact moments with Bakker.com. By telephone, e-mail, chat, social media, contact form(s), surveys, contests and (panel) surveys. Or when you log on to your account online.
2) On the basis of a legitimate interest and to support everyday customer relations:
- To inform you about (new) products and/or services. This could take place through the following communication lines:
- Online shop
- Customer service
- Social media campaigns
- Or from advertisers of consumer goods. The provision of information is based on preferences, submitted personal interests.
- Customer relations
- For the purpose of (internal) analyses:
- Improvement of processes, user experience;
- The development of products and services;
- Market research;
- Fraud prevention;
- Historic, statistical purposes.
3) In some cases, Bakker.com may need to request further information from you in order to properly perform its service. If this information is not available or provided by you, Bakker.com may not be able to perform the service properly or deliver the correct products.
If your consent is required to process personal data, Bakker.com will request this. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
E-mail and consent
Bakker.com will ask your permission to send the Bakker.com newsletter to your e-mail address. You can withdraw this consent at any time by using the unsubscribe link included in each promotional email.
Just as Bakker.com itself sends out special offers, Bakker.com from time to time receives requests from other advertisers to send information or special offers. These may be events, fairs, products and/or services in and around the home. If you don’t want this, you can object by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0113 2375580.
Bakker.com also uses various third parties to deliver products or services on its behalf. Think of carriers and couriers.
Data processing inside and outside the European Union
The office of Bakker.com in the Netherlands processes personal data within the European Union.
A part of these administrative activities is outsourced to a company in Tunisia. This company has taken security measures and, moreover, Bakker.com has signed Contract 2010/87 with this company, and the Contract is published and officially approved by the European Union (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en). A copy can be viewed at the head office of Bakker.com
How long does Bakker.com retain data?
Bakker.com does not retain data any longer than necessary or any longer than permitted by law. The period that certain data are retained depends on the nature of the data and the purposes for which they are processed. It is laid down by law that the maximum term is 7 years.
Bakker.com is active online and likes to engage in conversation with its customers and visitors of the website. Bakker.com also participates in social media such as Facebook, Pinterest and blogs. Bakker.com is happy to provide its customers with practical information and responds to relevant questions online. In doing so, it may be possible that Bakker.com records (personal) data, e.g. when the customer service department handles a question or complaint. These will be processed in accordance with this privacy statement. Bakker.com is not responsible for the content of other users of social media and how they process personal data.
Overview of cookies we place:
A necessary cookie has a purely technical functionality that makes the website work properly.
Technical CMS cookie
Technical CMS cookie
Technical CMS cookie
Tracking/advertising cookies, the ‘conversion pixels’ are used to measure the success rate of our campaigns. They record your browsing behaviour, so that it can be specified based on the pages you visited. These cookies cannot be traced back to customer details, but are used to measure our campaigns.
Dosing request speed
Social media measurments
Recognising user Google Analytics
Anonymous data source visitor
Google Ads tracking
User recognition Google Analytics
Newsletter subscribtion opt-in
Analysis website behavour
Controlled A/B tests on site
What are your rights?
You have the right to access your own personal data. If data is incorrect, you can have it corrected. You also have the right to transfer data. This means that you can have the data that Bakker.com processes, based on consent or contract, transferred to another party. Do you want to have your data removed from Bakker.com? That is possible from the moment you no longer have any (financial) obligations toward Bakker.com. Please contact Bakker.com by phone at 0113 2375580 or per e-mail at email@example.com.
Bakker.com reserves the right to make changes to the privacy statement. We recommend that you check this page regularly to see if there are any changes. If Bakker.com makes a significant change in the way personal data is processed, Bakker.com will make this known via its website(s) and newsletters.
Feel free to contact us
Should you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement or a complaint about how Bakker.com processes personal data, please feel free to contact us through the contact information below. You may also lodge a complaint on www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl
Bakker International BV
Meer en Duin 1
2163 HA Lisse, the Netherlands
Telephone: 0113 2375580