For increased growth, transfer the plant to a larger decorative pot. Select a planter that is 20% larger than the growers’ pot.
What do I need?
- Decorative pot
- Potting soil
How do I plant the Norfolk Island pine in a pot?
- Fill the decorative pot with a layer of potting soil.
- Remove the plant from the growers’ pot.
- Place the plant in the centre of the decorative pot (leave 1 to 2 cm of space beneath the pot's edge).
- Next, fill the remaining space with potting soil.
- Press lightly on the soil.
- Immediately give it a little water.
Put the Norfolk Island pine in a bright spot, but not in full sunlight. The plant prefers a room that is not too warm. Between 15 and 20 degrees Celsius is perfect. Like many plants, the Norfolk Island pine does not love a draughty or cold area. Do not place it near an open window. Is your pine looking a little shabby? If so, adjust how often you water it and place it in a brighter location.