- Decorative pot
- Potting soil (optional)
- Hydrograins (optional)
The Pilea is provided in a nursery pot. Once it arrives, place the Pilea and its nursery pot into a flower pot. Give it water right away and set the plant in a warm, bright location (no full sun).
How do I plant the Pilea in a pot without the nursery pot?
If you would like the Pilea to grow even more, you can place it directly into a decorative pot.
- Choose a pot that is at least 20% larger than the nursery pot.
- Cover the bottom of the pot with a layer of hydrograins and fill it with potting soil.
- Carefully remove the plant from the nursery pot.
- Plant the Pilea in the centre of the decorative pot and make sure that the root ball of the plant is about 1 to 2 cm below the edge.
- Fill the pot with fresh potting soil and press it lightly.
- Give it water right away and set the plant in a warm, bright location (no full sun).