Garden tips for November
We have listed a few gardening tips which will help you in the garden this month.
- Cover perennials with compost or a mixture of manure and peat.
- Roses can be planted now.
- Prune roses in preparation for winter, but not too drastically.
- Weed for the last time.
- Prune fruit trees as soon as they lose their leaves to rejuvenate them.
- It is still possible to plant deciduous and coniferous trees as long there is no ground frost.
- Remove fallen leaves off the lawn.
- Keep tub plants frost-free and water sparingly.
- Provide water for newly planted winter green plants, hedges and conifers.
- Aerate the lawn in dry weather by pricking holes.